Thursday, September 1, 2016

Friday and Saturday Aug 27

This should be a happy time of year - things should be going right and I should be winding down vacation time and winding up work time.

Ain't happening - there are so many things up in the air at the moment.

Friday was a rest and stretching day. I rested, I stretched but things are just not stretched and rested.

Saturday was the last home game of the year. It was disappointing, to say the least. I wasn't starting, which is fine. This has not been a good season for me. I got on and promptly got someone stomping and twisting on my ankle. Scrums were ok - I firmed up the tight head spot, replacing one of the two loose head props we had on for the first half.

You really can't play an entire season at loose head or lock and then try to play a tight head position against quality opposition out of the blue. In any case, I lasted about 30 minutes before the hobbling around the pitch got to be too much.

I spent Saturday night on my couch with ice all over me - ankles, knees and hips.


No comments:

Post a Comment