Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday March 3

Sunday I got a walk in early, in that I had to get my van into the local Canadian Tire and then walk home. While on my way home, they called me, letting me know just how expensive fixing the brakes will be. Yeah, this was an expensive walk, man.

I got home and did some rolling and stretching, but my legs are still sore.

Monday was a bit of a disappointment. I got an email from Smashrun, a website that uses Nike+ data to do different analysis of the various pieces of data. The one piece that was disappointing was the overall distance in the last few weeks, well, all of February was just above half what it was for January. I ran 130 kms in January, and merely 80 kms in February.

That was disappointing, to say the least.

But then I read the headline in the Toronto Star ... that this past February was the coldest in history. There were more than a few days in that month where it was so cold, I couldn't get any further than a 3k walk in, thanks to the ice and temperature. I got pretty sick of it, to be frank.

In any case, I grew a beard and continued to try and stay sane through dedicated habits.

So after hearing this news, I went out for a 4.5 k run. Felt good, but had to skip stretching to go and be a dad. I'm pretty sure that yoga on Tuesday is going to help, but it's also going to be kinda painful.

Tuesday March 3 was in fact a yoga day. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it was unpleasant. I was planning on getting to rugby, but as I got there, they were packing up. Meh, I left as quickly as I could and got a 3k walk in. The roads and sidewalks were snowed on, for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment