Monday, March 30, 2015

Friday, Saturday and Sunday March 29

This was a sad weekend. Honestly, just sad.

To start this off, a few in my house are coughing these days. It's just unpleasant to have to be around people who are hacking up a lung. I saw a post from my sister in law about a wonderfully cute picture of my deceased niece, too. Seems this weekend should have been her 24th birthday. She passed on St Patrick's Day about 12 years ago. And people wonder why I don't enjoy the day.

If we discuss semi-religious holidays, I much prefer Halloween, to be frank.

So yeah ... that's going through my head.

Money issues are rearing their heads again, as I'm sure it is for everyone else these days. Holden had it right when he said that money just ends up making you feel lousy.

I got some cardio done each of these days, but it was a minimum at best. I write that with an addendum, as there were benefits for each one, as you'll read

Friday I got a nice walk in with my wife, after my youngest was in bed. It was quite nice to be able to talk to her without being climbed on or having toys stuck in my face. Stress reduction and a nice time for re-connection with my wife. I think it was 1.8k walk.

Saturday was more of the same, as I got a chance to sit with my wife and then go for a walk by myself later on in the evening. I got home and I was moist with the 3k walk.

Sunday was another walk with my wife. The weather did not help, as it is starting to snow for some reason .... I guess the weather doesn't know it's Spring. In any case, we cut this walk a bit short, thanks to the wind and ended off at 1.6 k

As far as rugby training goes, this isn't helping. Not really, not in the "elite" sense of the word of training. I realize that there are a lot of people playing my position in the same league or above that did nothing at all this winter ... at least my lungs weren't hurting after my rugby training sessions so far in March. My legs were a little sore the next day, but that's to be expected.

In any case, I have my training schedule set up for the coming months. I just need to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment