Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Tuesday and Wednesday Oct 15

Forty at training

Tuesday was a training day. I did get up and get my stretching done early. I'm rather enjoying that time to myself. Well, at least most of the time I get it to myself. Today, I let the kids sleep while I got stretching and rolling done.

Of course I got to rugby. And a lot of other people got there, too. We had almost forty people at rugby training on Tuesday. It's October... that never happens. Has never happened in my ten seasons with the club. Seriously. We had the luxury of two full packs, so we worked on full contact scrums for fifteen or twenty minutes. Fully opposed lineouts. Full contact sandbox drills, too. Serious work indeed.

 After training, I got my three rounds of 5 x 35m sprints done. I had intended to then go for a short three k run, but shot that idea down as I was pretty sore. I got home and rolled and stretched and then had a epsom salt bath.

Not nearly as awesome as the Float Toronto ones, but still, I felt pretty decent the next morning.

By the way, before I went to bed on Tuesday, I set out clothes and the rowing machine for an early morning rowing workout on Wednesday morning.

This actually happened today ... a 20 minute easy rowing tempo row at 6am. I am not kidding. It actually happened.

I got a row in with a training partner in tow who liked to steal the timing device and hide in the corner with it. I will have to come up with either better ninja skills to escape and evade his tracking me into the gym or another iDevice to let him play with while I do my training.

Later on, at the end of the day, I got a 4k run in, too. That felt good to get done, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment