Friday, August 15, 2014

Tuesday and Wednesday August 13

Tuesday was a rugby day. It was also a training day.

Tuesday morning I did a lot of recovery work - band pull aparts, Y,T and I movements with 10 lb dumb bells, windmills, hip recovery stuff.
You go, guuuuuurl!

I tried my best to get on the recovery train, but I'm a dad and we had to go swimming. So we went and by the end of it, I was pretty sore. Meh, at least we saw the second half of the Women's Rugby game between Canada and France. Canada won 18-16. I was awesome to be able to explain what was happening on the screen to my kids.

Tuesday night was a lot of running and contact work. Handling skills, too. After I got this done for three rounds before going in for an ice bath:

20 indian club casts
20 indian club two hand halos
20 kb snatches
20 bw squats

After that I rolled my legs and got the ice bath ready. It was a different bath, but I got it to work for me. It was cold and it helped.

Wednesday was a recovery day. I got some rolling done early and some swimming done later ... although it was more stretching in a pool than actually swimming. Still, it was alright.

Later on I got to go see Titus Andronicus in the Dream in High Park. It was odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment