Friday, August 15, 2014

Thursday and Friday August 15

Thursday was a training night. Lots of ball handling and running around on the pitch.

After I got this done for two rounds before doing 50 line out throws. Seems we are down a hooker at my club.

In any case I got this done:

20 Indian club casts
20 single arm Indian clubs
20 kettlebell snatches
20 bw squats

I got the fifty or so line out throws done at this point, then did some rolling of my legs and hips. I really thought it was odd that I looked forward to the ice bath more than anything else that day. I ended up on the balcony of my rugby clubhouse and was shivering as I had two ten minutes stays in the water.

This isn't me, but you get the idea
Oh, Friday morning I know I was a lot less sore as a result.

Friday I had a stretching and training session in the morning. Deadlifts, windmills, TRX assisted Pistol Squats, "Supermans", lots of leg mobility and other assorted exercises. Man, I was deeply sweaty by the end. There was some discussion of going to a TGU at some point in time. Yeah, I'll add them to my own workout after rugby. Need to get mobile and strong for the post season.

These are great workouts and I'm grateful for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment