Monday, July 21, 2014

Thursday, Friday and Saturday July 19

Thursday was a training night. After rugby training, I got this done for three rounds:

20 BW squats
20 double Indian club casts
5 medicine ball throws and chases

The last one was to try and start getting some sprints back into my after training fitness. I think after this, I'm just going to go back to my BW and sprint fitness. Its easier and more effective.

Friday was a recovery and therapy day. I went to get an assessment done at Progressive Sports Physio and things are not good. Lots of aches and pains, man. None of it good.

Saturday was rainy and crappy and we had a three hour drive to get to rugby. I had an especially long day, too. I played for the second XV in Chatham, Ontario. That was a tough game, rainy and chilly for a Canadian July. Lots of scrums as the ball was wet and a lot of scrums as a result. A long day as a tight head prop.

After that game was over, I got back in the car for another 45 minutes or so and got to the first team game in Windsor, Ontario. Another game. Faster this time, but not nearly as physical. We did very well in these scrums, pushing them off the ball with a lot of force. I got in at loose head at about the 65th minute.

After that was a long trip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment