Saturday, July 26, 2014

Thursday and Friday July 25

Thursday was a pretty cool day. I had a stretching /therapy session in the morning. As it was the first time I'd totally focused on just trying to get muscles to feel better by stretching, I was sore after. I had a nap in the passenger seat as my wife drove the family to Niagara Falls for a day trip. It was pretty cool. Chocolate always seems to please my troops.

I got to training late, as I was needed as a dad. It was a technical session when I got there, working on hands and positions. Seems I'll be hooking on Saturday for the Second XV and then being a sub for the First XV. It's going to be our big show, I guess.

After rugby training was done, I got this done for three rounds:

double Indian Club casts
Indian club head circles
20 KB cleans
20 KB snatches

After that, I did a 10 lb medicine ball squat and overhead throw and chase.

Then, I did about fifteen minutes of rolling on my legs. I knew that if I didn't, Friday's physio session would be a painful one.

Friday was a "Make sure nothing goes wrong" day. I got to my Physio appointment and I was right ... lots of "stripping" done to my ITB band and hip flexors. Man ... I'll get on them again and again. More rolling needed. More rolling needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment