Friday, May 16, 2014

Wed and Thurs May 15

Wednesday I got the all clear that my foot wasn't broken .... not even a little. More RICE for that poor little stomped on digit.

When I train in my garage, I'm usually barefoot, so getting shoes on for that was never really a problem.      I got this done for three rounds before having to be a father and a husband:

20 kb cleans
20 kb clean and presses
20 kb snatches
15 hanging knee tucks
20 step ups

Thursday, of course, is a rugby night. The weather here is awful. We were supposed to have a game tonight, but it was cancelled. I like playing games instead of training before long weekends; at least it is some fitness and some money over the bar at the club. Our field was closed due to water on the pitch - it was so bad I didn't do my sprints on the field barefoot.

We did run around and worked on positioning around the ruck and other things on defence in rugby. I guess you would call it a "technical" session. There was a lot of contact and fitness, too. All in all 90 minutes of rugby on turf ... not too bad.

After that 90 minutes, I got this done for three rounds:

20 kb cleans
20 kb clean and presses
20 kb snatches
20 bw squats

After that we watched rugby on the big screen in the clubhouse. A half of the 2014 Reds - Stormers Super 15's game. I love YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment