Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday Dec 6

Over the last few days, I've been cheating on my diet. Being dumb is more the truth, to be honest, but .. I'll go with the traditional "cheating". After last night's rugby, my legs were more than a little tender, so I decided on something that I could do and get myself ready for the Santa run tomorrow...

Boxing cardio. Again! (Besides, I had new gloves to try out.)


The clearest pic I took today

Let's just start my saying that punching the heavy bag with the "new" gloves was like punching something with a pillow compared to the UFC grappling gloves I've used up to this point. I'm glad I got the ones with the thick broad velcro strap - made putting them on and taking them off much easier between rounds.

And ... I've said this before and I'll say it again ... there is a huge difference between using a 30 lb kettlebell and a 50 pound kettlebell. Today, I used the fifty pounder ... and I found this a hard workout:

10 rounds of 2:20 seconds of punching
 then 1:20 seconds of KB two handed swings.

Each round I got to about 40 swings each round before going back to the punching. I'm serious when I had to dig deep to keep going with this workout. It was hard.

I'll take tonight off and take a look at my Santa suit for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment