Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tuesday Sept 11

Let's take a moment. I recall exactly where I was twelve years ago. It affected my life to such a degree that I find myself living with a happy family; a loving wife and three happy children. I got married within four months of the bombing and have never regretted a moment of my family life since.

Now, that being said ... I was very happy to be granted some time to train today. I got this done for three rounds:

20 two handed KB swings - 40 lb bell used
20 step ups
10 deep squats 50lbs on the bar
20 feet up push ups
15 prone straight leg lifts.
10 bicep curls (60 lbs used)
10 triceps extensions

Nothing hard core, just a decent workout - it was so hot in there, I was sweating before I started, really.

I ate well today too - well, until dinner.

Breakfast - fruit smoothie with a coffee on the way to work

Snack was almonds and water

Lunch was green peppers, almonds, broccoli with hummus and water, water water...

Dinner was three slices of pizza. (yeah, I know, I know)

I'm setting up my weekly cooking/family/training schedule tomorrow. It's got to get better. To that end I was chatting on Facebook with a local gym owner about nutrition today. He recommended I soak my almonds overnight, making them easier to eat and digest. Might try that one.

I also got the Rugby Fit program via email today - six weeks of fairly intense work. Lets see if I can get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment