Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 5 to 9

The last few days have been more than a bit disappointing.

Friday was the last of the moving stuff from my in law's house to my own day. I'm not sure who was more relieved, as I now have nothing else to do. I guess I can start relaxing and really get my house together.

Saturday I drove to Windsor Ontario and played in a really bad game of rugby. Saying that way reminds me that a really bad day at rugby is still a lot better than the best day ever at work. We lost a very close game, really we should have won. However a number of key people failed to come and play as it was a long drive. For example, I left my house at 10 am, returning at 10pm. Yeah, I had a long day, no doubt. But when both of you team captains and a number of the rather expereinced players don't show, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Sunday was a recovery day. Rolling and stretching were the orders of the day.

Monday I got up late and instead of kettlebells, I did about 90 minutes of gardening and moving boxes around in my house.

Same with Tuesday, but at least Tuesday is a rugby night, so I got my training in. Tire flips, lots of forward set piece work - which entails lifting and sprinting. And after all that, I did my usual for three rounds:

50m sprint x 5
20 seated knee tucks
20 push ups

I actually got chirped from the clubhouse about my push ups. What a douche.

No comments:

Post a Comment