Friday, May 10, 2013

Wed and Thurs May 9

Wednesday was insane. Again.

The time I set aside for training was sucked up by driving kids to swimming practice and looking after a cranky child.

Thursday, at least, has always been a rugby day ... and I got to go to rugby.

After an hour on the set piece part of rugby (lots of hitting and lifting) I did this for three rounds:

5 x 5o m sprint
20 feet up push ups
20 seated knee tucks

I did look at setting up a chin up bar between the stands at the side of the pitch - too far a space between the stands, I'm sorry to say. I'll try hanging knee tucks at some point this summer.

I feel a heck of a lot better after doing the sprints, though. Adds a bit of confidence.

I'm also at the end of my crazy section of my school year. Next week I get to get back to training on the beach and at the rugby club in the mornings. I'm so looking forward to that, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment