Monday, February 11, 2013

Friday, Saturday and Sunday Feb 10

This would have been helpful. Instead I did it myself.


Snow came on Friday. I got a snow day - which would be great, except that I was stuck inside with a wife and three kids who didn't know what to do with themselves.

I did actually take my kids out for a toboggan run on Friday, but the wind was killer. It was still snowing, and I shovelled the drive way. Twice. I also did my neighbours and their sidewalks.

Seriously, it was heavy 30 cm of snow for about an hour. of lifting, driving and pushing.

I got that done twice on Friday.

Saturday the roads were clear enough for me to take a load of furniture and books to my father in law's house. I lifted box after box into my van from my basement. I was a sweaty mess by the end of that. I drove for about 40 minutes and then ... got to unload all by myself again. I got home to a big puddle in front of my house, so I shoveled out the nearest sewer access.

Sunday, after Church ... I got to re-load the van and do the exact same thing. With some more shoveling again. Throughout this ordeal, I ate as best as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment