Friday, January 4, 2013

Thursday Jan 3 and Friday Jan 4

Thursday was a rugby night with a lot of dad stuff going on ahead of that. I like being off, but I'm ready to go back to work. That, and I need some time away from people I'm related to.

Friday I got a new medicine ball - a 14 pounder. Cost me a bit more than I was thinking it would, to be honest. However, since the people had let two of my children basically run wild in the store for about a half hour, I figured I at least owed them a purchase of some kind. Truly, they were running around like a pair of gorillas. Seriously.

I got home with them, and my lovely spouse went out. The oldest one went with my wife, the middle one found the iPad and the youngest and I went into the gym.

I got this done four rounds before my baby told me we were done:
All will fit nicely into the trunk come summer

10 squat / jump / overhead throw thingys. All done with the new Med ball
10 line out throws
10 rugby passes each side
20 two handed Kb swings (40 lb bell used)
20 feet up push ups
10 bench flies - 50 lbs used
10 hanging knee tucks

The knee tucks were hard this time as I put on some insulation onto the metal chin up bar (it's pretty cold in there) and so my grip was working extra hard. Interesting.

I also took a look at the scale today. I wasn't impressed. I'm basically back to what I was when I started all of this 602 posts ago. Well, not quite. I do have a lot of muscle around my shoulders that I didn't have before. My heart rate is a lot lower, as are my BP numbers. Still, I was pretty pissed at myself with the number. That, and my belt has not been fitting well as of late. So ... on with the getting my nutrition back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment