Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Jan 21

Well, diet is getting better, slowly.

I got this done four rounds before I had to go and pick up my youngest from daycare.

2 minutes punching - jabs, hooks and crosses.
20 feet up push ups
30 Kb swings 50 lb bell used
10 kb cleans each side
10 bench flies 40 lb db used
15 hanging knee tucks

I was doing some reading / watching on the Crossfit Journal web page today. Lots of interesting videos on there. Nice to see some combative videos, too. In any case, I need to do some thinking about whether this type of training and crappy diet will help me in my rugby season or not.

I'm also wondering about how much of a cross over there is between the different energy systems - and if I'll be able run / sprint as much as I did last summer.

I'm pretty sure my set piece work - lifting in the lineout and scrummaging- will benefit, at least a little. Not so sure about my running / sprinting fitness at the moment. I'm going to do a two a day tomorrow - lifting after work then for a run with a rugby guy, same as last Tuesday.

I'm looking forward to pushing myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment