Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thursday Oct 11

Woke up late, again. I did fix that already for tomorrow.

Felt sore this morning, but after work, felt awesome. Naturally I made the effort to get into the gym, even though it was a rugby night. I figured it would be a light night, seeing as though we have a game in two days. I was mistaken and I felt really crappy all through the evening training session.

I did this after work for three rounds before having to get my children

30 two handed swings
10 kb cleans
10kb snatches (various weightsm started with 30, used the 40 and 50 lb kbs, too)
20 feet up push ups
10 hanging knee tucks
5 chin ups

Of course, that was not a bad workout. Getting into a rut with this one, but it just comes naturally, and I get it done in about 25-30 minutes, which is about what I get before I got to get a move on.

Ate this

Breakfast timmy hortons coffee and a bagel on the way in

Snack water

Lunch turkey and tomot sandwich, vegetables water, water and more water.

Dinner pizza and pasta. Water.

After dinner, we got to the indoor dome my rugby club gets access to and we did a lot of "Sandboxing" - small area rugby, lots of close tackling, rucks and mauls. This lead to a bigger and then bigger area until we had the entire soccer field to play on. For an hour. I'm pretty sore right now. Lots of sprinting, rucking and open field hits (which I need to work on anyways). Not a single set piece drilled, but we're a pretty solid pack. Should be good game Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment