Monday, September 10, 2012

Sat and Sun September 8 and 9

Saturday saw Windsor RFC come and play in Burlington. I played tight head prop, again ... and we won ... again. Defense was pretty solid, as we didn't let them on the score board. I had a few pick and goes, taking a lot of ball in hand.

However, I'm left with a nagging thought about my skill level - I keep wondering about how, when my club was in a league above, did I play differently than I am this year ... it's just curious. Aside from being a good deal fitter than the last few seasons, I don't quite get that I should be playing that much better .... the coach is also good, but I'm not sure I'm that good of a student. ;)

In any case, we won and we're still on track for promotion to the league above. Two more regular league games, the last one being the most important.

Prep for today's game involved a lot of rolling on my medicine ball and stretching. I felt a whole heck of a lot better than I did before the last rugby game. Ugh, that was awful. Ate better before the game, and the usual crap after.

Sunday I spent stretching and playing with my new 50lb kettlebell. I picked it up Thursday after training; I found it on Kijiji. Right near my house. I'mma going to play with it next week, too.

Pics to follow. Just to break up this not pic posting binge I've been on, here is a random pic from my hard drive:

Oh yeaaaahhhhh ... my team went to the Montreal Irish Des Oneill Rugby tournament last weekend. I'm slowly hearing some of the stories from that weekend. Oh, man ... makes me want to go next year, I must say. Although, I'm pretty sure I said the same thing this time the last few years, too.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win! Keep up the good work in the front row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, quite possibly, the most fun I get to have on a day to day basis, man .... ;)

    ReplyDelete