Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 31

I can't say when, but at some point in time, I will start to get nervous about the Tough Mudder and the Spartan Race.  Unit then, I'm just going to keep training a lot. Every day.

Stuff like this, man. Training for the Tough Mudder is required, and I think I'll be up for it.

Today, however, I spent it doing three rounds of this in my gym:

8-10 90 lb squats on my new squat rack

10 bicep curls with 15 lb dbs.

Yeah, that was after I lifted a crap load of weights around and arranged to get back my bench back on the ground after three or four months of it upside down on a shelf.

At rugby, did a rather excellent thing, too. There is a fitness test someone started a while ago that seems to have continued with the current staff. What you do is start on the goal line, then run to the 22m line, then back. Then to the half and back. then to the far 22 line and back, followed by a run to the far try line and back. Three times.

Last year, the best I could do was 7 minutes, fifteen seconds.

I finished it tonight in 6:44.

That was not a typo.

After the session was over, I got out to do my sprints, too:

 7 x 50m sprints
20 seated knee tucks
 20 feet up push ups
 20 m bear crawl

After I was done, I went upstairs to the bar that my club runs just off the side of the pitch and ended up not really realizing that some of my fellow rugby players had already heard what I had done. Even the coach made the comment that He was glad that I did so well, as it "took the piss out of some of them." I'm not sure specifically what that means, but I'm assured it is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment