Friday, June 24, 2011

Thursday June 24

OK, this one started out well, finished the hard way.

Breakfast: BELT and a coffee - 500 calories of yumminess.

Snack: water

Lunch: tuna sandwich, veggies. Water.

Dinner: left over pizza with hotsauce. Then I went to training

After training: beer. And pizza. Not a shining moment in my life.

I got a chance to share my difficulties with keeping up so much training while playing rugby this summer with another player (actually a sometimes reader of this blog, too) after training. He, too, is finding it difficult to keep up lifting and training for rugby. On off days, he focuses on sport skills - passing, kicking and the like- rather than more fitness.

I'm a prop, however. I'm required to hit people. A lot. It'd be nice if I was 20 pounds lighter and a bit more fleet of foot. I'm thinking I have to work on that, and I'm pretty sure that if I work on my endurance more, I will be able to overcome this "ennui" as I call it. My legs are really sore, and I'm thinking the stretching in my gym on Wednesdays and Sundays are helping - I'm just really upset with my diet at the moment. Seriously, I need all the tricks in the book to get through this season and I'm just shooting myself in the foot with my diet.

Tomorrow is another day.

I did get a few comments about what I'm doing after training. Seems people think I'm crazy. In a good way.

Did this three rounds after training last night:

10 two handed Indian Club swings around the head (I need to learn the terminology)
10 Indian club one arm casts (both sides)
10 KB two handed swings (then catch and release)
10 Kb cleans (each side)
10 KB snatches (each side)

then did some ab work - bot very much, though. Was really sore after Tuesday's game and tonight's training. Hamstrings and ITB band really really sore. My shoulders feel good, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment