Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday June 16

Ok, I'm trying to get back into a good habit by writing the first part of this post while I'm at work, on a break. Later, after rugby, I will finish this post and hopefully, get back into my positive habits of writing and just keeping myself updated.

I've been reading 1984 again. Just finished it. Now, reading Hamlet. Man, what awesome pieces of literature. Good stuff. Doing lots of writing and thinking about that these days.

My six year old asked me to promise her that we'd get a workout in as soon as I got home from work. How's that for motivation? We're going to be working on her gymnastics routines and skills over the summer. Thursday, technically, isn't her day ... but as long as I have a willing child, I'll help her out. Who wouldn't?


I ate this:

Breakfast: oatmeal and fresh fruit, coffee

Lunch: tuna from the can, prunes, samosa and a sliver of blueberry pie (awesome). Water to drink.

Dinner: a bit of roast beef, hummus with carrots

Post workout meal: beer. Calsberg girls were at the club. Awesome.

Did a 90 - 120 minutes of rugby training tonight. After that, did four rounds of this:

10 KB snatches, 20 kilo bell used
10 KB cleans
10 Zercher squats with 60 lb sandbag
20 feet up push ups

after that, I was pretty beat, so I went in to meet the girls. That was awesome. No pictures, as I like being married .... ;) Just kidding, I sat and had a pint and watched the rather clumsy young ladies teeter on 5 inch spike heels in my clubhouse. Kinda funny, really. Got a chance to talk S and C with a new guy, too. Seems I'm going to get some company in my after training training.

No comments:

Post a Comment