Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wed April 27

This was an ok day - the weather was crappy, but I got an outdoor workout in, so it's all good. Seriously, I spent the day inside, although that was ok, as the rain was just brutal. On the way home from work I got to check out a local butcher ... the first thing I saw when I walked in the door was my favourite thing, Chimmichurri Sauce... on sale.

It was an omen.

There were a lot of items I've read about in Paleo Solution, so I know I'm going back there when i have time and a bit of coin. Still not sure if the sauce was Paleo in nature, but it is friggin awesome with steak.

I ate this today:

Breakfast: roast beef dipped in ketchup. Yup, dry and getting worse. Almost done. Walnuts, water and a banana. Coffee on the way in

Snack: Walnuts and carrots with hummus

Lunch the usual, tuna on salad, carrots and green peppers on hummus, water to drink.

Snack after work: chimmichurri sauce and steak. Kicked major butt

Dinner was a small piece of homemade lasagna, walnuts and salad. Water to drink.

After dinner, I had a nap with my boy to get him asleep. The sun came out, and I asked my wife if she wanted to go for a walk. She said no, so I jumped at the chance to get out of the house and go to the local park for a workout. Simply awesome.

I did this five rounds:

30 TH KB swings 30 lb kb used. Need to get another KB in the van
20 one handed snatches
10 one handed flips
20 feet up push ups
30 bw squats - also used the 50 lb backpack for two rounds
20 lunges

This took me about a half hour; I got all muddy, too. But the mud was warm, so it was all good.


No comments:

Post a Comment