Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday April 26


To was off to a great start ... and things kept rolling along. Work, even though it is very stressful at the moment, is going smoothly. Nothing worse than a stressful turbulent work environment, man. Nothing.

I'll be at this until mid-May, and I got a few calendars counting down the days for me.

All I can really do is just keep plugging away at things; make sure that people around me do their work and that's enough. My stuff is back on the go after a few days off.

Here's what I ate, man:

Breakfast: roast beef and poached eggs. I need to stop overcooking the pot roast. Seriously.

Snack water and a handful of walnuts.

Lunch: the usual of tuna on salad, hummus and carrots and green pepper. Water to drink.

Snack: stress. and two slices of pepperoni pizza with hummus. Meh, that'll be my cheat for the week.

Dinner: small - I mean tiny bowl of pasta with a huge salad. Water to drink. I saw this as punichment for me - I wasn't going to make my kids each stupidly dry meat. I am the only one that needs to suffer in that way...

All in all, not a great day for a Paleo type of diet. I am liking it, even if I am a little bored with what I am offering myself. However, I will be taking advantage of Robb Wolff's recipes, and those of others in the know, and getting a varied menu shortly. Seriously, it's good.

My wife asked me to get my son to sleep, so I do what I do best... I fell asleep with him in the rocking chair. My wife came in about 9pm to wake me up and put my son in the crib. We'd been like that for almost two hours, she said. Cute, but not very functional. I got up, she went swimming at the local YMCA and I worked out.

I did this five rounds for a workout today:

20 BW squats - should make this a bit harder next time, perhaps with a sandbag/BTB
20 regular push ups
10 bicep curls
10 triceps extensions
8-10 deadlifts 190 lbs
10 TRX body weight rows
10 ab roll outs
20 two handed KB swings
10 snatches each side 30 lb KB used.

Not an awesome workout, but it got the job done. I'm feeling stressed from work, and this is more or less a maintenance thing with me, I think. At least I am working out, prepping for rugby season, some grappling tournaments and such in the summer. Oh, and my Spartan Race, too. Man, I'm looking forward to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment