Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wed March 9

Today was another weird one, which isn't a surprise. Which, might make it less weird. Whatever. I got my workout done under duress - that is, I had a lot of stress around getting the work done, but I got it done.

I'm trying to alter my schedule so that I can workout in peace and keep the family together. In weeks previous, that was easy. With some slight changes here and there. I got to work, did some reading about my issues with my iPhone, and then bit the bullet and upgraded from an iPhone 3G to an iPhone 3GS... which is something for me. The 3GS is the oldest phone which will use the new iOS 4.3 coming out this week, which is what I'm going for. It'll be cool getting that before the Break with my kids.

I also watched a bit of the Space Shuttle Discovery landing on earth for the last time today, too ...

I did five rounds of this workout today, before having to go to work:

8-10 deadlifts, finishing at 160 lbs
20, 20 inch step ups
10-15 push ups, various weights, various hand positions
20 squats, finishing with 40 lbs of sand on my back
10 bicep curls
10 triceps extension
10 TRX body rows
8-10 ab roll outs
20 two handed Kb swings 20 kilo Kb used.

I liked it, but was interrupted a few times by crying babies and the like. I got this finished, cleaned the kitchen, then had to get my butt in gear. Ate on the way to school, which was a mistake. Meh, live and learn ... the same lesson, again, and again ...

making progress, I guess. I'd like to make my goal weight a smidgen quicker, but, ya know ... this is a marathon, not a sprint. Speaking of marathon, I was listening to the Marathon Training Academy's podcast today while on my way in to work. Made me think about the Scotia Bank Toronto Marathon in October, again. Hmmmmm....

Ate this today:

Breakfast: Coffee and a BELT from Tim Hortons. Need to stop this.

Snack: water

Lunch tuna on salad, carrots and green pepper with hummus, almonds, prunes with water to drink.

Dinner pasta and veggie wraps with the hot goo, salad and veggies, too. Water to drink.

I'm posting this one a little early, as I guess I forgot my power cord for my laptop at work and wanted to make sure that this posted.

PS, I got this quote directly from my child, in a email she sent me:

"i look like a monkey and i act like one too. I eat lots of bananas and throw the peel on the ground. People trip on them and then they fall down"

No comments:

Post a Comment