Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday March 28



This is the last day of kinda relaxed times around here. Tomorrow, I basically double my time at work, for no increase of pay. Kinda sucks, but that is the collective agreement I got myself here.

I was up stupid early to see the results of the Nationals, specifically, the results of 96 Kilo Greco:



Hmm.. Not sure, but I'm pretty sure I'da been in for a forth there. The other three dudes are current National Champs, Pan American Champs or both. Meh, I still would have preferred to be there. Alas, time and tide. 365 days until St Catherines.

As I said, I was up stupid early this morning, and so I am at work also stupid early. At least I got an awesome parking spot. If that is the best thing I can say about today, that's just not right.

I got through it, got in the door of my house, got changed and got through two rounds of this really cool KB workout then got asked to look after children while my wife went and run a few errands.

S'all good. Topsy turvy, right?

At least I got two rounds in, a sweat going, and a 4.5k run in later. I mapped it using Nike's own Map function, and my iPod is off by 1.5 kms. Yeah, I need to calibrate that sucker. It was a nice run, though. The whole time, I thought about my personal safety, as a co-worked almost gleefully told me about people she knew being beaten up while on runs. Meh, I made it home safe.

I ate this today:

breakfast: roast beef, veggies on a wrap. Coffee on the way in.

Snack: two cups of black coffee at a meeting .. it was free!

Lunch .. sigh, the usual ... tuna on salad, carrots and hummus, almonds. Water to drink.

Dinner: roast beef and veggies, salad. Water to drink.

I got two rounds of this done before I was stopped:


warm up
20 KB two handed swings
10 KB snatches each side
10 BW puch ups
10 BW squats

meh, it was looking good, man. I need to make time for my self over the next few weeks, or else I will start the rugby season feeling rather unimpressed. Flip to my entry on June 1 to see what was up.

Oh yeah, that's right... I should be getting ready for the Spartan Race that month ... that should be a trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment