Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday Feb 17

Man, I can't believe how quickly this week is going...

O had to get some work done, and so I got to work:

Did five rounds of this in 28 minutes. This was hard, to be frank. A lot harder than it looked when I started.

1) dead lifts x 160 lbs x 5-8 reps
2) Bodyweight TRX Rows x 10
3) Inclined Push ups x 15
4) 53 lb KB Swing x 10
5) OH 20 lb weights walking lunges x 20
6) bicep curls x 10
7) tricep extensions x 10
8) ab roll outs (only three rounds) x 8

I got to work today with some gift cards burning a hole in my pocket, so I used them. It's amazing what you find when you clean out your office. I got a few good books for myself and my family to read and enjoy over the next few months. Some will help with my training, other to entertain and educate my family.

much later, I got an email about getting some extra time on the job. I took the job - what choice did I have? Starts next Wednesday. I'll have to plan around that, man. I ate this today:

Daybreak: coffee

Breakfast: Salad with tuna, after I got to work. Veggies and hummus, water to drink.

Lunch: black coffee

Dinner: hamburger with side salad, beer to drink.

After grocery snack: beer. With conversation at the rugby club. Hi John!

I also got an email about a buddy of mine who died in a car accident fifteen years ago to the day. He was 25 years old, and didn't get a chance to do any of the things that I have. Kids, books, vans, a house, fitness, career, wife ... all the things that make life worth living he didn't get a chance to do. Doesn't seem fair, really. I'm happy I am alive, man. I'm living a life that matters, at least to my children, to the fullest. Some days, I know, just by looking at the sun that I am a result of an unreal number of selections in the world. Still, it seems unfair that I get to be conscience of those choices and he does not.

I will take a moment to wiggle my toes in my living room rug, surely one of the greatest affirmations of life in the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment