Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Feb 28


I usually hate Mondays, but this one was less of a pain than usual. The weather has finally turned and the snow is melting. Finally. I'm guessing, but that whole idea that, at least around here, this year March enters like a lamb and leaves like a lion. So, snow or other crap later on in March, but for the time being, we get rid of all the white stuff here.

Which makes this particular Monday easier to take, man.

I also subscribed to the magazine My Mad Methods last night for 6 issues.

Did this for for rounds this morning:

20 squats with 40 lb backpack
10 step ups each side with the same backpack
10-15 push ups, different heights and hand positions, still with the backpack
10 TH KB swings 53 lb KB
8-10 ab roller roll outs
8-10 bicep curls
8-10 tricep extensions
5 chin ups

Over breakfast this morning, I was reading Boyle's book, Functional Training for Sports, and discovered that what I wanted out of the step ups is working ... and why. I also re-discovered some of the drills I recall from McMaster and UNB Wrestling sessions that happened to be in the book. So, next time should be some lateral lunges into the mix.

I did take some notes of the two chapters I read while waiting for breakfast. Might post them, might just take some photos of the stickies and leave it at that. This song is running through my head:



interesting.

In an effort to make the iPad more useful, I've started to hunt apps down in iTunes and ran across a few I will make use of during this blog. Keep your eye peeled for examples of cool and interesting graphics. I was playing around with a few apps today and I was impressed with how easy it was to create and share ideas with it. Of course, my kids love Angry Birds. I'm almost at the point where I'm sorry I brought that app to their attention.

Ate this:

Breakfast: steak and eggs, coffee to drink

snack: coffee

late lunch/dinner: 3 meat and salad wraps with extra onion and hot goo. Water and coffee to drink

After late shift: OJ and GJ

No comments:

Post a Comment