Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sat Jan 15


Today was friggin awesome. My boy slept most of the night; like four hour intervals between feedings. That might not strike you as awesome, but it sure beats waking up every hour to feed and change him, right? I thought you'd agree.

Anyway, I got a chance to sleep in until 7am, do a coffee run for my family and then read the paper and go back to bed. My oldest child was barfing last night and so wasn't moving all that well today - so we had a nap after breakfast. We ate lunch, I got a haircut ... I had a nap with my son, I had a nap by myself. My wife brought home dinner, I had another nap ... oh, it was awesome.

I ate this:

Breakfast: roast beef wraps with veggies. Coffee to drink.

Lunch: Sweet potato fries, beer to drink, just after a haircut.

Dinner: chicken and veggies. Water to drink.

I did this workout, AMRAP for 25 minutes.

8-10 140 lb deadlift
20 40 lb KB exercise (varied by round ... DH clean and jerk, DH swings etc)
10 OH 40 lb KB snatches
20 BW squats
10 inclined push ups
5 chin ups

I think I missed abs this week, I mean I don't think I worked them at all. Meh, next week. Tomorrow I'm hoping to do two workouts - a lifting workout and a run, depending on the roads.

I also did some soul searching about being able to go to Edmonton. It'll be about a thousand bucks to get there, compete and stay for a weekend. That's coin I do not have at the moment. Might have to redefine the purpose of this endeavour. But I know I want to be in good enough shape to play with my boy in ten years time. I don't want to be one of those fat parents I keep meeting at the sidelines at soccer, unable to move due to their obesity. I want to be able to play, lift, wrestle and otherwise goof around with my boy when he's ten and I'm fifty. If that means I keep training like this and start something part time to augment my income, then so be it. What I need to focus on right now is my family, training and getting my work done, such that my boss is happy.

All else is ephemera.

3 comments:

  1. I hope that you can find a way to the Nationals but the goal of being in shape to pay with your boy is much more important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to make some headway - cheating by joining a local university club team and letting them pay, finding a sponsor ... but ya know, that requires time I don't have, either. When I get to weight, there are a few grappling tournaments held in Ontario every summer that look cool; and Nationals in 2012 are in St Catherines...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got up and made your own breakfast instead of a BELT, that should help a lot with weight loss but more importantly the being healthy part. Saw the beer you had but noticed you've been cutting back lately always good but a challenge considering our usual hangout.
    Finally got my blog up and running so check it out:
    www.kellytraininglog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete