Saturday, December 25, 2010

Sat Dec 25

Merry Christmas.

I read this idea this morning, before the kids got up and trash the living room, on the idea of a deadlift: Pick something up, put it down. Repeat.

Simple, but effective ideas seldom sound anything than the basics. Even Shakespeare wrote directly when it was called for: "To be or not to be." Yup, that's pretty simple and direct. Not a lot of sleep last night - or this morning. Whatever. I'm up with my bot, waiting to feed him. Or not. Depends on him, I guess. Lots of OJ and GJ for me this morning. Coffee to come shortly.

After the coffee came the traditional ripping of presents. I'm sorry to say there are no pics. Just close your eyes and imagine ripped paper flying, Zhu-Zhu pets running rabidly around and a small child with a swollen eye.

Oops, did I forget to mention that. Yeah. Had to take him to emergency after the bedlam was over. Was there from 11am to 3:30pm. Basically my day. Then went to my parents place for dinner. Oh, the boy had a shot in his arm after giving blood. Ever wanted to rip someone's head off, even though you knew logically they were right? Yeah, me too. Merry Christmas.

Nothing to eat until dinner. Seriously.

Breakfast and Lunch: coffee.

Dinner: Chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing, veggies. Beer to drink.

After I got home, I decided that life was not going to dictate to me to take two days off. I took a page (actually and email) from ZEE that I got today to heart. It said, basically, "lift heavy stuff today." So, I did 20-25 minutes of :

Deadlifts
KB two handed swings
KB snatches
tri/bicep work
BW squats (deep, deep squats)
"other"

I just kept moving, lifting heavy stuff in my garage gym. It was chilly in there, I was barefoot, wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I just didn't care. Needed to work something out of my system.

Let's hope tomorrow is a lot more fun. Need to finish my Nike+ level off, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment