Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tues Nov 9


When I woke up this morning, my shoulders and hamstrings were in a bit of pain. I knew that today was going to be an easy day for training. Why go hard today and risk injury?

So, I did about 40 minutes of stretching, rolling work and a bit of Indian clubs with some light kettlebell work. Rather interestingly, I think the noodle I was using has a good deal of affection for me. At least that was the impression I got while stretching.

Anyway here's the write up:

skipping for warm up

three or four poses of yoga - hitting shoulders, hamstrings, calves ankles etc
Indian club slow swings
TRX rows
KB bench press (30 lb KB)
noodle work on legs, spine and legs

at the end of this session, I felt a good deal better. As I type this up, my right shoulder, the one that was hurting this morning, seems to be back to bugging me tonight. I'm pretty sure I'd like to take the night right off, but need to go for a run, at least. I'm pretty tired, too.

I love Craigslist - got a two, fifty pound hex weights for 80 bucks. I'm pretty sure that is damn cheap. I'll see if I can get them out tomorrow; pics is I can.

This is what I ate:

Breakfast Smootie

Lunch end of the roast beef with tomatoes, onion, lettuce, chimichurri sauce and ketchup. I had two to carry me through the day. Water to drink.

Snack was almonds and water

dinner was pasta, almonds with veggies and hummus.

As I was saying, I'm feeling a little sleepy - but I need to get a light run in.

(please note the Canadian flag ... and the kettlebell being warmed up, too. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment