Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Nov 15

I got up late this morning at 6:30am and have been kinda off since then. Got my kids to school and got home to do this workout:

1) SB Bear (clean + squat + press) x 10, 8, 6, 4, 2
2A) chin ups 4 x submax reps 2B) plyo push ups 4 x 10
3) battling ropes 3 x 1 minutes
4) 6 tire flips and 10, 53 lb kb two handed swings x 3
5) three rounds of: grip roller x 2, 5 Indian club OH wrist rolls and wall pushes

At the end of this, I was pretty spent - and I had to get on my horse to get to work on time. I made the time for a decent breakfast, though.

I also did a 5k run in a record, at least a personal record for me. 24 minutes and 38 seconds. Seriously, I think I could beat that, but I'd need a few days to try. That, and snow free roads. We'll try later on this week.

I put a bet down that my newest child would not arrive until Dec 15th today. I'm hoping that's the date - things just work out best for everyone involved if my new boy waits that long. My wife was hoping for sometime next week, but .... no one is in charge here but the baby. I'm so stoked.

On that note, I watched all of the Krav Maga videos on Moni's site today ... I realize that what I do is sorely lacking in what I see on the street, what I see in my school. I'd really like to make sure that no one gets hurt because they cannot defend themselves. I would be cool if I could learn how to teach people how to defend themselves. Oh wait .... I get money this year for ProDev ... hmmm eatch this space for more info.

This is today's diet:

Breakfast: smoothie (fruit, green goo, Grapefruit juice, almond butter) poached egg wrap with tomatoes.

Snack: coffee

Lunch: salad with spicy tuna, veggies and hummus, water to drink. Some almonds.

Dinner: roast beef with some horseradish, salad with light dressing, smoothie (as above, except for the Almond butter) to drink.

After run recovery ... I'm afraid to say it ... beer.

I dunno. I need to get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment