Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tues Oct 12

Saw this:




Last week I was looking for a version of the Glute Ham Raise I could do at home. Leave it to Jason C Brown to figure it out for me and post a YouTube video for me...



I did four rounds of this workout today

1A) 5 Chin ups - which I'm finding hard, but since I'm just big, I'm dealing with it until I can do an honest, hardcore set. I just got my bar up a week or two ago...
1B) inclined push ups, 15 reps
2) tire flips 5 x 5 for speed
3A)KB Farmer Walk 4 x 150' last two rounds with the 50 and 70lb KB
3Ab) 20 BW squats
3B) TRX prone rows 10
TRX push ups
3C) slam ball 10 overhead, 10 side to side, 10 TRX atomic pike position.

After four rounds, did some stand up with the green ball on the wall. I will be looking for some other way to get the restarts drilled this winter - I'm thinking a large punching bag, or army duffel bag stuffed with sand. Something a bit heavier than the current sand bag for the re-start lifts. I think the treadmill factory and/or UFC sells a bag that gets you the idea.

One thing I am noticing is that after dinner, I need a friggin nap. Well, not sure if I need one, but I'm taking one. Seriously, if I start another job (or my own company) at that time of day, I know I will miss the time with my family; these are times that I will lose, man. But if bills need to get paid, you do what you have to do.

This is my diet for the day:

Wait, before I get to that, last night, before I went to bed, I was so hungry, and I felt the need to go out and get beer. I stayed home and ate walnuts, carrots and OJ instead. Everything was "gurgling" today, but at least I stayed in the house and made a better choice.

Anyway, this is what I ate today:

Breakfast: Poached egg wrap with some ketchup and pepper. Coffee on the way to work.

Lunch: Salad/tuna carrots/ green pepper with hummus ... walnuts and water to drink. Seriously, I rather enjoy this lunch - it's something that requires little prep, is healthy and satisfies a lot of what I need. Pics if you want some.

Dinner: chicken, three onion rings (I had to, they were merely ok), salad and water to drink. Left over birthday cake. I'm throwing the rest out tonight. I'd be the only one that eats it - the pregnant lady I'm married to described it as "too sweet for her". No one else will miss it.

Right now, I am getting ready to do the weekly grocery run; it's a bit off, as the stores were closed Monday and Sunday I was getting back from a family Thanksgiving. Seriously, if I we're any happier at the moment, I think I'd be sh*ting rainbows or something.

I'd like to check my weight, but since I gave up my membership at the YMCA, I've lost the only scale for the moment. With any luck, I'll get rolling with a wrestling club and they'll have an accurate scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment