Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sat Oct 9



Today was a combo my eldest daughter's birthday and Canadian thanksgiving weekend all in one. I did the best I could with what I had.

I did get the garage more together and I did get a lot of time in with my family. I got some help to put together a medicine ball - actually three medicine balls, for my gym. My youngest put one together, which looks a little odd. Me, I think the basketball is going to be a good tool. I also went apple picking with them, had a nice long drive to see how the trees looked out in the wild. My birthday girl was pretty cool about stuff; it was a chill day, as her "real" party is going to be next week. Seriously, my family needs me like a penguin needs water. You have to think about that one, just as my family thinks about me.

I spoke to Peter B. today about wrestling, this blog and other stuff. I got a new iPhone and Telus won't let me take my 50 bucks from my last "Pay and Talk" phone into this contract I signed with them. So, I'll use my minutes, then sign up for the data plan. I also called Scott, my parents, my niece and thought about calling Reed to set up a meet up to get rid of the men's bike in my garage. I also got some prep done for my National Novel Writing Month novel's plot. I'm thinking that it is going to be an awesome thing, man. I am running a bit short on time to get the research done, but I'm pretty sure I know what I have to do. After that, I ran out of time, as I had to get back to get to my parents place.

I did not get as much sleep last night as I should have- for some strange reason, I wanted to watch the Segal movie "under siege". It was as crappy as I recall, and it kept me up until 3am. I'm serious, I thought I was an idiot, I just didn't think I was that far gone. I got up and started my day at 7:30am.

I ate this today:

Breakfast coffee and BELT from tim hortons. Seriously, it's good.

Snack was the last apple in the house.

Lunch was prepared by my lovely wife, so it was grilled cheese sandwiches. I had a salad, too. With some water to drink and a serving of apple crisp, too.

Snack was a coffee.

Dinner was crackers and cheese, turkey with some stuffing, mashed potatoes and coffee with pumpkin pie for dessert. I had two beers and a glass of wine with dinner.

Anyway, it has been an awesome time away from training today - but after church tomorrow, I need to get some time in with my garage gym. Seriously.

Finally, I just read this poem, as I ran into it while watching a youtube clip from Coach Carter:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others

'nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment