Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sept 19


A lazy Sunday - at least I woke up early. I went to bed right after the bath last night; my body is letting me have seven hours of sleep and that's it. So, I was up at 4am. Odd, but I got up and did some reading/prep in the ManCave. Watched Steve Jobs deliver the Keynote speech on Sept 1. I learned a few things about my Apple TV, my iPod Touch and other cool things.

I would also like to mention that I just got a 5th generation iPod Nano - the one with the camera in the back. I'm thinking it's just better suited to me. Easier to record things, and my kids were playing with it today, making hilarious movies while driving around. I'm going to see about making a video on it, then posting it here.

Anyway, got back to bed about 6am, slept until it was time for church. Had a decent lunch then hung out for the day, went swimming then out to dinner. Just chilling at the moment, waiting for the kids to fall asleep, then off for a walk, then groceries.

This is what I ate today:

B: coffee, water and some veggies. Wasn't really hungry, to be honest.

L Tuna with veggies on bread with water to drink. This was really tasty - made extra for tomorrow's after workout snack.

Dinner: sirloin burger with caesar salad. Two beers to drink.

The swimming was all about stretching under water. Did three sets of ab crunches, lots of shoulder and neck range of motion stuff. I felt a lot better after the swim, though. Sauna and whirlpool, too.

The highlight of the day was checking my weight on the way out of the change room - 246. I'm down 4 pounds in two weeks. That was about what I was looking for. Good progress, which might have been better, but that I stray off of a healthy diet .... a lot. I was thinking about how much further I might be if I stop eating stupid things. I know that I am making progress, it's slow, but steady. I was also thinking about where and how I will get on to a mat somewhere on a regular basis. Frustrating that I haven't gotten that locked down yet.

Anyway, certainly I am looking more muscular than I have in the past. Arms and shoulders are more defined and I was getting around the pitch yesterday. That was cool.

What I need to work on this week is more sleep and taking a multivitamin. I have them, I just need to put them somewhere where I'll see them in the morning and actually stick them in my mouth. Diet seems to be ok, I just need to work on cutting out beer and eating more of the good stuff.

I've also got to keep on my workouts, and I am going to get my chin up bar ready to go, too. Need to tighten the bolts and talk to my neighbour about getting it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment